검색

코로나19 장기화 ···100년가게도 못 버텨 '손실보상금' 지급해야

가 -가 +sns공유 더보기

박영재 기자
기사입력 2021-09-29

업력이 30년 넘는 오랜 노하우를 가진 우수 소상공인을 발굴해 100년 이상 존속·성장하도록 지원·육성하는 백년가게가 코로나19 장기화로 인해 올해만 3곳이나 폐업한 것으로 나타났다.

 

▲ 김정재 의원     ©박영재 기자

 29일 김정재 의원(국민의힘·포항북구,산업통상자원중소벤처기업위원회)이 소상공인시장진흥공단으로부터 제출받은 백년가게 지정취소 현황에 따르면, 2019년부터 현재까지 지정취소된 5곳 중 3곳이 코로나로 인한 경영악화로 올해 폐업한 것으로 조사됐다.

 

소상공인시장진흥공단은 매월 또는 분기별로 휴폐업 현황을 파악하고 있으며, 백년가게 대표자 인터뷰 또는 현장방문을 통해 재영업이 불가능하다고 판단된 경우(일정기간 영업정상화 의지 확인), 지정취소 여부를 결정하는데, 실제 3곳이 코로나19로 인한 경영악화로 폐업을 한 것이다.

 

2019년 9월 7일 백년가게로 지정된 서울 중구의 섞어찌개 집은 업력이 32년이나 되었지만 지난해 11월 영업을 중단했다. 업주 김용권(53)씨는 “폐업이 아니라 휴업”이라고 말했지만 “재개 시점은 내년, 혹은 늦으면 2~3년 후로 예상되지만 코로나 상황 때문에 (그때도) 어떻게 될지 모르겠다”고 토로했다.

 

뿐만아니라 종로에 위치한 설렁탕집도 업력이 35년이나 되었음에도 폐업을 피하지 못했고, 경남 창원의 민물장어구이집도 52년이라는 세월이 무색할 만큼 코로나19를 버티지 못하고 결국 가게 문을 닫았다.

 

백년가게 선정은 중소벤처기업부에서 지난 2018년 6월부터 시작되었으며, 이후 박영선 전 장관 시절엔 음식·도소매 외에도 이미용·사진·양복 등으로 업종과 규모를 크게 확대하고 국민추천제를 도입해 사업 홍보를 강화했다.

 

이를 위해 백년가게 예산도 대폭 늘려  4배 이상 증액되었다. 하지만 예산내역을 확인한 결과 정부 성과 알리기에만 편중된 것으로 드러났다.

 

중기부가 사업 선정가게 수 늘리기와 대국민 홍보만에 매달릴 뿐, 정작 소상공인·자영업자들이 필요로 하는 부분에 대한 사후관리나 지원은 제대로 이뤄지지 않고 있다는 지적을 피할 순 없을 전망이다.

 

김정재 의원은 “반세기 동안 지탱해온 노포, 백년가게들 조차도 코로나 사태로 인해 폐업하고 있는 것이 지금의 현실”이라며 “일선에 있는 소상공인의 휴·폐업 등 피해는 앞으로 더욱 심각해질 것으로 예상되는 만큼 이에 대한 전수 조사와 충분한 손실보상금 지급이 신속히 이뤄져야 한다”고 강조했다

 

<아래는 구글번역기로 번역한 기사 전문이다.>

 <The following is the full text of the article translated by Google Translate.>


Due to COVID-19, the store could not survive for a hundred years.


 According to the status of cancellation of designation of 100-year-old stores submitted by Rep. Kim Jeong-jae (People’s Power, Pohang Buk-gu, Industrial, Trade, and Resources Small and Medium Venture Business Committee) from the Small Business Market Promotion Corporation, It was found that three hundred-year-old stores that support and nurture the ideal to survive and grow have closed this year alone due to the prolonged Corona 19.

 

It has been found that three out of five businesses that have been canceled from 2019 to the present have closed their business this year due to poor management due to the corona virus.

 

The Small Business Market Promotion Agency checks the status of business closures on a monthly or quarterly basis, and when it is determined that re-opening is impossible through an interview with the CEO of a 100-year store or an on-site visit (confirming the will to normalize business for a certain period), it decides whether to cancel the designation. Three of them were closed due to poor business management due to COVID-19.

 

The mixed stew restaurant in Jung-gu, Seoul, designated as a 100-year-old restaurant on September 7, 2019, has been in business for 32 years, but it stopped operating in November last year. The owner, Kim Yong-kwon (53), said, "It's not a closure, it's a closure," but he said, "The reopening is expected next year or two or three years later, but I don't know what will happen (even then) because of the Corona situation."

 

Not only that, the Seolleongtang restaurant located in Jongno could not avoid going out of business even though it had been in business for 35 years, and the grilled freshwater eel restaurant in Changwon, Gyeongsangnam-do, could not withstand the Corona 19 enough to be insignificant for 52 years and eventually closed the store.

 

The selection of 100-year-old stores started in June 2018 by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups, and since then, under Park Young-seon, former Minister of Food, Wholesale and Retail, hairdressing, photography, and suits, etc. reinforced

 

To this end, the budget of the 100-year-old store was also significantly increased, which more than quadrupled from 1.34 billion won last year to 5.85 billion won this year.

 

However, as a result of checking the budget details, it was found that the focus was only on reporting the government's performance.

 

Of the 5.85 billion won, 850 million won for selection evaluation and signboard production, 3.8 billion won for consulting and facility support, and 1 billion won for storyboard installation and promotion, but only 200 million won for follow-up management.

 

It is expected that the Ministry of SMEs and Startups will not be able to avoid pointing out that the Ministry of SMEs and Startups is only focusing on increasing the number of selected stores and promoting the public, but is not providing adequate follow-up management or support for small business owners and self-employed people.

 

Rep. Kim Jeong-jae said, “The current reality is that even long-established stores and 100-year-old stores that have been supported for half a century are shutting down due to the corona crisis. “An investigation and sufficient compensation for losses should be promptly conducted,” he said.

<저작권자ⓒ브레이크뉴스대구경북 무단전재 및 재배포 금지>

URL 복사
x

PC버전 맨위로 갱신

Copyright 브레이크뉴스대구경북. All rights reserved.